NORAH SANDE AWARD 2022
A piano competition for Young Adult Pianists of Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London postal districts
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- COMPETITORS must be between the ages of 18-25 (inclusive) on 1st July 2022 and have been born or be resident, training or working in Kent, Sussex, Surrey or the London postal area. Competitors must have a minimum performance standard of Grade VIII Distinction in pianoforte.
- ENTRY FORM is available to download, complete and print here or by emailing, writing to or phoning the Award Office:
70 Kings Avenue, Eastbourne BN21 2PD
Tel: 01323 729013
- ENTRY DEADLINE AND PAPERWORK Entry forms to be received by mid-day 31st March 2022 by email to email@example.com if paying by BACS or by post at the Award Office if paying by cheque:
70 Kings Avenue, Eastbourne BN21 2PD.
A completed entry form must be accompanied with the following items:
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate or current passport.
- Supporting letter from teacher, professor or musician of standing to confirm that the required Grade VIII distinction standard has been achieved and that the entry is bona fide.
- Payment of £40 payable by:
- Cheque made payable to EMF Norah Sande Award, or
- BACS - Sort code: 40-20-06 Account number: 81643266, Account name: EMF Norah Sande Award, Bank address: HSBC 94 Terminus Road, Eastbourne BN21 3ND
In the event of over subscription, the number of entries will need to be limited. Those applicants whose entries are unsuccessful will be notified and have their entry fees returned.
- SEMI-FINAL & FINAL Competitors who are chosen to enter the Semi-Final will be invited to perform a 20 minute programme before an audience in the Birley Centre, Eastbourne College, College Road, Eastbourne on Saturday 9th July 2022. At the conclusion of this round, three finalists will be selected to perform a full recital programme incorporating classical, romantic and contemporary pieces lasting no longer than 35 minutes in total (minimum 25 minutes) on Sunday 10th July 2022 in the same Concert Hall. It should be noted that the Final Round programme must not include any pieces previously performed in the Semi-Final.
In the semi-final and final rounds, competitors must provide copies of the music for the sole use of the Adjudicators.
Judging of these rounds will be by a panel of professional musicians of national repute with a designated chairman.
Individual written reports will be provided to each semi-final competitor.
- Decisions of the Adjudicators are final.
- The Norah Sande Award Committee reserve the right to decide the eligibility of all competitors at all stages of the competition.
Previous Norah Sande Award first prize winners are not eligible to enter subsequent Norah Sande Award competitions.
- Expenses and the cost of travel and accommodation for the semi-final will be the responsibility of each entrant. However, some assistance may be made available (towards fares and accommodation) for those in the Final.
- The organisers can bear no responsibility for the safe arrival of entry forms or entry fees. No responsibility can be taken for timing alterations or any loss occasioned by these or by late running or cancellations. The right is reserved in the event of need to appoint alternative or additional adjudicators.
- All broadcasting, television, recording and publicity rights are reserved by this Committee for performances at all stages of the competition.